Several people have asked what things I need. Now that I am in my new site, I know what I would sincerely appreciate:
- KIDS Ear Plugs – because it is loud as life here. It’s never quiet and I feel perpetually tired. It’s only quiet from like 2-4am..
- Headphones, the techware here is just not that great..
- Sweats (small) in any color. I live in the mountains. The nights can be as cold as it can get hot and would you believe I have yet to see sweat pants here!
- iPhone 4S charge cord. I found one in Managua and it short circuited in two days. Never have a felt so regretful for a purchase.
- Snackage! (Chocolate chip cookies are nonexistent here. So are lemon flavored things! Hershey bars. Skittles! Doritos! (Which are now two hours away instead of 20 mins 😢)
- Palmers Cocoa butter lotion! It’s hard staying soft and chocolatey out here. The only store I know that sells it is three hours away one way.