Today, I’m traveling home. I have been counting down the days for this! There are only two things I miss about the states: my family and food. While I will be home I plan to eat everything in my sight! I am going to be doing happy food dance. Do you hear me? Something like this:
As a matter of fact, I have compiled a list of the things I miss and plan to inhale.
1. My Momma’s fried chicken – this is an every holiday kind of food for me. I missed Thanksgiving, and I will be missing Christmas, so you know I am putting in an order for my birthday!
2.Chipotle – if you have never experienced a bowl of this goodness. I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems and getting a chipotle bowl currently ain’t one!
4. Blue Bell Ice cream
, you would think I could get this in Nicaragua BUT I cannot. My favorite flavor doesn’t exist. They don’t know what they missing without cookies and cream.
5. Aunt Annie’s Pretzels
– this fresh, soft, goodness that tempts me every time I go to the mall will be in my belly!
6. Krispy Kreme Donuts – I usually crave this once in a blue moon, but I will make an acception for these two weeks!
7. Waffle House – something about their bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich does it for me. They make perfect midnight treat food and I shall have one sandwich before I depart. Plus, a place that’s open 24 hours knows the way to my heart.
9. Perfect pancakes – this can be the kind my Mom makes, or IHOP, either way, I want pancakes that don’t fall apart when I cut into them. I struggle with this. Something about the batter is different in Nicaragua.
10. food for the soul – this entails me laying under my Mom for as long as possible! All those haters who dare interrupts can go.
To the volunteers who aren’t going home until Christmas and can’t binge eat like me, I feel for you.